Macro Express Forums

Invisible pointer mouse click

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way of clicking on an area of the screen without having to move the mouse around to the area to click it? In other words, I am not particularly fond of having the mouse move around the screen all the time and was wondering if there is such a thing as an invisible pointer mouse click.

or a best practice?

Pat

Alan,

Thanks for the fast reply. What I really meant to say was Insight should create within Macro Express Pro another mouse pointer, that moves and clicks as an invisible mouse pointer totally independent of what the real mouse is doing.

I actually cannot believe that this has not been requested and done something with.

Let's say I have two screens (or three for that matter)and I want one of them to process macros and the other i want to work on other things. Well, if my macro is mouse movement and mouse click intensive, there is no way I can simultaneouly work while the macro is processing. Grant it, this program has saved me a lot of time, but really, this needs to be added. Javascript uses .pwb to click on elements of a website independent of what the mouse is doing. Are you telling me insight cannot make something to really free us up?

If there any alternatives, let me know. This is pretty disheartening.

Pat

Cory,

since Macro express lacks some advancements on how to automate websites, one has to depend on tabbing and pixel colors and clicks. I can't believe how far advanced AutoHotkey is versus MEPro, but there is a learning curve I don't have right now. Believe me I have been dabbling with it and it is beyond unbelievable how things can be automated with autohotkey. It's free.

You can't mouse click on control for IE with MEPro. With Get Control/launch utility, the internet page is one big control with MEPro. You have to A) have the website visible and activated. Something which autohotkey does not require and 2)You have to tab or find pixels- screen has to visible 3) To click with autohotkey, they have incorporated COM and javascript(which ME can do), but it has to be visible. So, what's the point? Well, unless I have a virtual machine, I am stuck having to watch macros process and wait until they are done before I can wrest the mouse away from the process. if I did, it sometimes upsets the macro progress and folis everything.

With AutoHotkey, it's done beautifully even with the window minimized and the Website running minimized. It does it with a secondary mouse pointer that can trigger the action with an extra mouse pointer.

My point is, maybe MEPRo can be "Like Mike" and create another mouse pointer that can do work independent and seaprate from the mouse I am using.

Insight- "Be Like Mike"

Pat

Plus Cory, even the Get Control is very deceptive with MacroExpressPro. You can't send mouse clicks to a hidden control. In other words, suppose a form is minimized and you want to send a click to the control in the minimized state, IT CAN"T BE DONE. The only thing MEPro can do is send text and capture text in a minimized control but only if it's a program NOT the internet. There is no 100% automation available with MEPro without having to have forms open and interfering with work to be done.

Grant it, it has sped up my work and has gotten pretty darn good reviews from my bosses, but they don't know its SEVERE limitations. Imagine a fully complete MEPro program where it can pass text to and from minimized forms and a minimized Internet instance(s) and click on buttons/links etc all minimized with the extra invisible mouse pointer for the Internet controls that can click anything to move the Internet= along to the next screen all without it being active. Can you send text to a text field on an internet page minimized with ME Pro? hardly. Can you send a click or a hotkey like ALT+C to a minimized form with MEPro? Nope.

This is the point. For the money being paid, it should do much much more.

Anyway, my 2 cents.

Pat

I am sorry I offered the suggestion. You made no mention that you were working in a web browser or a minimized application. I'll try to refrain from offering suggestions in the future.

Please read the sticky about requesting features.