Macro Express Forums

Logitech G keys to trigger Macro Express macros?

Is it possible to use Logitech G keys to trigger Macro Express macros? Logitech has these extra programmable keys for their hardcore mouses and keyboards. For example, I'm interested in the Logitech G700 mouse. Is there a way to get those G keys to DIRECTLY trigger Macro Express macros? [Directly--as in not needing to substitute in normal hotkeys as a bridge.]

Logitech G700 mouse...

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/mice-keyboard-combos/devices/7244#section=features

Is it possible to use Logitech G keys to trigger Macro Express macros? Logitech has these extra programmable keys for their hardcore mouses and keyboards. For example, I'm interested in the Logitech G700 mouse. Is there a way to get those G keys to DIRECTLY trigger Macro Express macros? [Directly--as in not needing to substitute in normal hotkeys as a bridge.]

Logitech G700 mouse...

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/mice-keyboard-combos/devices/7244#section=features

I imagine that you need to configure the device using the standard Logitech software SetPoint.

but the Logitech SetPoint software wouldn't have the same level of macro features that ME has. so i was wondering if my question was possible.

There are 2 possibilities:

- have the mouse button generate a keystroke (preceded by Ctrl or similar), where the keystroke, e.g. Ctrl-X, fires your macro

- have the mouse button run Meproc.exe

You'll need to read the SetPoint documentation to see which of these is possible for your device (yes, I'm sorry, I know that reading documentation of any sort is sheer anathema to you, but it can't be helped).

i dont use any logitech item that have G keys yet. but i'm curious to know if the command line approach mentioned does work or not. so if anyone has tested this with logitech G keys, please post to let us know.

Yes, it works. I set my wheel click to Ctrl-J, and wrote a mcro activated by Ctrl-J. When I clicked the wheel, the macro ran.

Yes, it works. I set my wheel click to Ctrl-J, and wrote a mcro activated by Ctrl-J. When I clicked the wheel, the macro ran.

that method is by hotkey. i'm interested in knowing if the command line method works [such as via macexp.exe and the meproc.exe]. more info can be found in the help under "Command Line Parameters". has anyone tried that?

For example:

"C:\Program Files\Macro Express Pro\MeProc.exe" /A::c:\My Macros\Test Macros.mex?Test macro

• 3 weeks later...

You can activate macros by commandline. I do that a lot. For example i use StrokeIt to launch macros.

Actually this commandline is enough:

"C:\Program Files\Macro Express Pro\MeProc.exe" /AName of Macro

But the best way to use your logitech keyboard is like this:

Assign certain seldom used hotkeys fix to your G-Keys. Use Keys you can alter with modifyers like CTRL or SHIFT. I use a Logitech G15 with 18 G-Keys. As i press them alone or with SHIFT, CTRL or SHIFT+CTRL i can fire 72 (4 x 18) macros with my left hand only. And you never ever have to touch the G-Series Software. Everything is done in Macro Express.

By the way i´m still desperately looking for a way to trigger a macro with a hyperlink in word. (Without the need to export an .mxe - file)

Thank You

Alexandra