Macro Express Forums

How to Get Control of a Feature Whose Name Changes?

Is there anything in common between the names of the controls? For example, do they always contain "ABC 123"?

If yes, I think it is possible to extract the text of the control into a text variable, and then test it to see whether that variable contains the string that is common to all of your target controls.

Is there anything in common between the names of the controls? For example, do they always contain "ABC 123"?

If yes, I think it is possible to extract the text of the control into a text variable, and then test it to see whether that variable contains the string that is common to all of your target controls.

Now I do have a situation where a control has varying Window Text with a common term in all situations, but I'm not seeing how to extract the text. At first I thought Get Control might allow a partial-text target (the common text), but that's not the case.

Appreciate any suggestions.

AutoIt allows you to identify controls by a number of different criteria, i.e. ID, Text, Class, position and size, instance. Having identified a control, you can then retrieve, and also set, its text. Since AutoIt interfaces directly with MEP, you might want to take a look.

AutoIt