Macro Express Forums

Holding down a key?

The letter 'y' is a hotkey shortcut used by one of my applications (Magix Movie Edit Pro). In some situations this proves unreliable. Yet it always works fine if instead of my usual tap I hold down the 'y' key for half a second or so. Is there any way I can emulate this in MEP please?

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

• 2 weeks later...

You don't mention your OS but most have an onscreen keyboard that you can bring up. This is worked with the mouse and you can hold a key down. Use the mouse button down and mouse button up commands to hold the key.

Just a thot, haven't tried it.

The letter 'y' is a hotkey shortcut used by one of my applications (Magix Movie Edit Pro). In some situations this proves unreliable. Yet it always works fine if instead of my usual tap I hold down the 'y' key for half a second or so. Is there any way I can emulate this in MEP please?

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

• 11 months later...

To hold a key down select from sidebar command list

Timing - Keystroke Speed - enter valve "1000" to hold your key for 1 second down.

Dont forget to reset keystroke speed to "0" to revoke the delay, otherwhise they key is still holding down.

Do you need help selcect the command and press "F1" key

Look_Up

Wow, an anniversary reply!

I've forgotten what I did after all this time, but it now strikes me as a daft sort of question. Holding down a key for a second is hardly a big deal, even with my admitted impatience. I'm away from my PC at the moment, but if I recall more about what prompted this query I'll report back.

Thanks for your interest anyway, although your approach would not work. That optional delay refers to the interval BETWEEN keystrokes.

@PITA_Pan: thanks for your reply too; I reckon that would work.

--

Terry, UK

Please explain your problem in detail! I can not quite comprehend, how long you would like to press which button.

You can simulate every keystroke (with every delay) if you use the command "keyboard repeat delay" or "keyboard repeat speed".