Macro Express Forums

Don't Understand End If

terrydiz

I work with a program (OC:WebConnect) where I frequently copy and paste data from an Excel list directly into the OC:WebConnect screen. It works fine, but has many of the same qualities of a DOS program.

I am no coder (at all), but I have ME doing about 95% of the things I want. However, I have a particular macro that copies and pastes two items (one at a time) and returns an answer. When a particular word (PAID) pops up on screen after the first item is pasted, I want the macro to stop. Otherwise, the macro grabs the next piece of data and copies it to the wrong place and I have some additional typing to do.

The word "Paid" pops up in a particular area of the screen that does not populate if the macro should go farther. I tried to copy the text "Paid" to my clipboard and then doing a "If clipboard contains..." macro, but it doesn't seem to work. I placed the "End If" item directly after that macro, but the macro never stopped.

Where have I erred?

Thanks,

Terry Dismore

Lazarus Communications Group

The End If terminates an If block like this:

If Variable %T1% does not contain "DONE"
 // <Do some
 //   macro commands
 //   here>
End If

To terminate a macro from within an If block you need to use either the Macro Return or the Macro Stop.

Maybe something like this would work:

If Variable %T1% does not contain "PAID"
 // <Do some
 //   macro commands
 //   here>
Else
 Macro Return
End If

Cyberchief and Kevin;

Thanks for the help. What I didn't understand was that "End If" was a statement that ended the "If" branch (remember, I said I was no coder!). I thought that if the variable that I entered matched the "If" statement, it was meant to "end" the macro.

Your help was invaluable and I have sucessfully built a working macro for this process.

Thanks,

In His Grip,

Diz