Macro Express Forums

Macros will not activate on a computer

johnboy691

I have a problem I've never had before. I sent out a macro to many employees. All employees have the non-editable version of ME 3.5.5.2. The macro works on all employee's computers except one. I have had her ME uninstalled and reinstalled by our IT department. I have changed the macro activation from Ctrl+F12 to Ctrl+Alt+0 (zero) and also Alt+F3. The macro will not start. She has not had any keyboard changes made previously. Can anyone explain what may be going on and how to possibly get her macros to work? Is there something I may need our IT department to do to her computer, or the operating system? A reset, etc? If so, what specifically?

Hi Allen:

Thanks for your question. Windows XP is our company standard. The macro doesn't have a specific program to launch in. All are global. Let me know if you need any further information. The version of ME is 3.5.5.2 That is the only version corporate allows us to use. We may be able to upgrade in another 20 years. ;)

Will the macro run with some activation other than the keyboard hotkeys?

I have a problem I've never had before. I sent out a macro to many employees. All employees have the non-editable version of ME 3.5.5.2. The macro works on all employee's computers except one. I have had her ME uninstalled and reinstalled by our IT department. I have changed the macro activation from Ctrl+F12 to Ctrl+Alt+0 (zero) and also Alt+F3. The macro will not start. She has not had any keyboard changes made previously. Can anyone explain what may be going on and how to possibly get her macros to work? Is there something I may need our IT department to do to her computer, or the operating system? A reset, etc? If so, what specifically?

• 1 month later...