Macro Express Forums

Elapse Time

I've searched through the forum and didn't see anything regarding this subject but forgive me if I'm duplicating a question here.

I have a rather long process that runs and finishes with sending an email. I capture the time of both the start and end of the process. What I'd like to do is calculate and include in the email the elapse time of the entire process, but I can't seem to see 'the forest for the trees'.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

I recommend that you convert your start and end measurements into seconds (for simplicity, use the beginning of the current year or month as your zero point if you don't need to handle overflows), do the subtraction and reconvert into your desired output format.

I recommend that you convert your start and end measurements into seconds (for simplicity, use the beginning of the current year or month as your zero point if you don't need to handle overflows), do the subtraction and reconvert into your desired output format.

Thanks for your suggestion. That got me started in the right direction although I was hoping for built in function to speed things up. Still it's working so thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer to use the time variables. I save the start and complete times then subtract. Then convert to text with a format like hh:nn (hours and minutes) and use that in the email.