Macro Express Forums

If T2 is different than previous run macro two.

tocmo0nlord

I am trying to enter information from CSV file. T2 will tell where T1 goes, T1 are names of people and T2 will be the folders that these names will go into. I need the macro to go in folder T2 (named b1)and stay there to enter all the names from T1, then switch to a different folder (b2) when it sees that b2 is different.

T1 T2

a1 b1 = enter a1

a2 b1 = enter a2

a3 b1 = enter a3

a4 b2 = switch to folder b2 (run a macro to switch to that folder) and enter a4 and so on.

The folder names on T2 already exist within the directories and macro express is not allowed to make new ones, just the ones from T2, i need macro express to continue to a different folder name if that folder does not exists.

I am hoping that macro express has a "if T2 is different than previous then run macro 2" or so. Thanks guys!

(I know that ME has a folder creating option, when i mean folders its just a way of giving somewhat if a visual that T1 will go within a group (the group are members of within active directory))

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to enter information from CSV file. T2 will tell where T1 goes, T1 are names of people and T2 will be the folders that these names will go into. I need the macro to go in folder T2 (named b1)and stay there to enter all the names from T1, then switch to a different folder (b2) when it sees that b2 is different.

T1 T2

a1 b1 = enter a1

a2 b1 = enter a2

a3 b1 = enter a3

a4 b2 = switch to folder b2 (run a macro to switch to that folder) and enter a4 and so on.

The folder names on T2 already exist within the directories and macro express is not allowed to make new ones, just the ones from T2, i need macro express to continue to a different folder name if that folder does not exists.

I am hoping that macro express has a "if T2 is different than previous then run macro 2" or so. Thanks guys!

(I know that ME has a folder creating option, when i mean folders its just a way of giving somewhat if a visual that T1 will go within a group (the group are members of within active directory))

If I understand what you're doing, I think you could do "if b2 is not equal to T2...." Otherwise, to compare a variable to an earlier version of itself, I think you'd have to save the earlier version to another variable and then compare that: "if T2 is not equal to T3..."