Jump to content
Macro Express Forums

Get control return TRASH in Excel 2010 - win7 64bit


james123
 Share

Recommended Posts

A GET CONTROL ( in EXCEL 2010 ) [ windows 7 / 64 bit ] will return some trash / Unknown caracters in the instruction.

 

For exemple, Get Control on the ZONE NAME in excel 2010 will have:

 

=> see problem just after: <GETCONTROL2P:04:

 

<GETCONTROL2P:04:Ä8:XLMAINMicrosoft Excel003:15EXCEL;1ComboBox1Edit>

 

and the get control DONT works when trying to use it...

 

 

Then, I CHANGEND MANUALLY the instruction ( replace Ä8 by EXCEL.EXE ) , like this:

 

<GETCONTROL2P:04:EXCEL.EXE:XLMAINMicrosoft Excel003:15EXCEL;1ComboBox1Edit>

 

and NOW IT WORKS now !

 

This change was quite easy to guess... but depend case... you can spend a lot of time to find out what exactly the text to replace with !

 

 

So, my questions are is :

1)Is there any solution to FIX this problem... and get the CORRECT information in the get control ?

2) I supposed this is an operating system problem ? or , does this could be a macro express 3 problem ?

 

Any solution to try is welcome...

 

Tks to repply. James

 

 

EDIT: 1.nov.2011 => I think it's a general problem with Windows 7 and Me3 ...because I have found same problems trying to catch control from explorer in w7 !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...