Macro Express Forums

Automatic (at startup) update of network macro library

Indrid

Hello fellow automatons, quick simple question.

I'm the main writer of a Macro Library to support a team of around 20-30 users that all use my published macro library to automate a lot of our tasks. A lot of the time I end up improving upon or creating new macros for this library and I would like for all the users using my macros to be able to automatically update to the currently pushed version when they start up Macro Express. I'd prefer it to import a selection of macros, however it would be fine if it completely loaded a full macro library on start up. I know I'd have to place the macro library somewhere on our network that's visible to everyone, although a lot of people have their own custom macros that they've made on their own and I'm pretty sure having macro express load in a macro library at start up would overwrite all their custom macros. Is there a way to say, make the macro library read only so users can open, but not edit this file? And can Macro Express keep a users custom made macros when loading in a macro library at launch?

Hello fellow automatons, quick simple question.

I'm the main writer of a Macro Library to support a team of around 20-30 users that all use my published macro library to automate a lot of our tasks. A lot of the time I end up improving upon or creating new macros for this library and I would like for all the users using my macros to be able to automatically update to the currently pushed version when they start up Macro Express. I'd prefer it to import a selection of macros, however it would be fine if it completely loaded a full macro library on start up. I know I'd have to place the macro library somewhere on our network that's visible to everyone, although a lot of people have their own custom macros that they've made on their own and I'm pretty sure having macro express load in a macro library at start up would overwrite all their custom macros. Is there a way to say, make the macro library read only so users can open, but not edit this file? And can Macro Express keep a users custom made macros when loading in a macro library at launch?

Well, not sure I fully understand...

- Why not make a SCHEDULED macro at startup, for each user . This macro would run a macro-express macro within inside macro-express ...

This macro will have few simple commands: alt-f ( open file menu of macro express 9 , then I for import... and then you fedd up your network path to load your latest build file...

- Reguarding protection: just password protect your macro ( see security tab ) ... or I missunderstand you ?