Macro Express Forums

Having problems with "If control / End if" statement

tobydobo

Hello all,

New to the forum but have been using Macro Express for a while. Never encountered a logic issue before and I just wanted to be sure Im entering the commands right. For some reason my macro continues regardless of If/End if statement.

Here is what I have so far:

Activate window: window name

Get control %C1% (window control syntax)

Wait for control %C1% to be come visible

<all of the above works fine, but I need it to end there if the control does not become visible>

<these commands should stop the macro if the control above is not visible, correct?>

If not control %C1% visible

End if

<then if the control is visible, i want the following to run>

Mouse double left click on control %C1%

Delay 3 secs

Macro Run: macro name

any suggestions?

Maybe this:

If not control %C1% visible
 Macro Stop
End if

or this:

If control %C1% visible
 Mouse double left click on control %C1%
 Delay 3 secs
 Macro Run: macro name
End if

But, I think if the control never becomes visible that this command:

Wait for control %C1% to be come visible

would fail and halt the macro.

Keep in mind that sometimes (often?) controls behave weirdly. You may not be able to see a control but it may be visible to Windows (and consequently to Macro Express). You have to test your application and adjust your macros accordingly.

Yea I think you are right about the quirks of the controls that Windows sees. I was able to create a workaround by inserting a wait for <window title> to appear before continuing...that did the trick. Now my next challenge:

Which commands would I need to use to capture text from a field on a form and then have a specific macro run based on the text from that field? Im almost there, but cant quite figure out the combination. I know I will have to use the If Variable and assign the text to a T variable of some sort but from there I have no clue.

Which commands would I need to use to capture text from a field on a form and then have a specific macro run based on the text from that field?

When asking a new question it is better to start a new topic.

I can think of two ways to get text from a field on a form. If you are able to use a control you could use the Variable Get Control Text command. If controls won't work then you need to use the clipboard. Highlight the text and Text Type <CTRL>c to copy. Then use the Variable Set String from Clipboard. Once the information is in a variable you can use the If Variable command to have your macro do different things.