Macro Express Forums

One line macro fails

This one line macro consistently fails for me.

Window Activate: Macro Express Pro - Explorer

<WINDOW ACTIVATE Title="Macro Express Pro - Explorer" Exact_Match="TRUE" Wildcards="FALSE" _IGNORE="0x0006"/>

Yet if I change that from Exact to Partial match, it's OK. Why?

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

It works for me in both methods on 4.3.0.1 & W7-64U. Perhaps it's due to the existence of hidden windows.

Macro Express Pro - Script Editor [Test]
Macro Express Pro - Script Editor (Test)
Macro Express Pro - Explorer
Macro Express Pro Explorer
Macro Express Player
Macro Express Pro[/Code]

These are all the ones I see related to MEP even though there are only two visible. I was wondering if somehow you were trying to activate a hidden window. Like if the window order was different than mine and the partial found a hidden first in your case.

It works for me in both methods on 4.3.0.1 & W7-64U. Perhaps it's due to the existence of hidden windows.

Macro Express Pro - Script Editor [Test]
Macro Express Pro - Script Editor (Test)
Macro Express Pro - Explorer
Macro Express Pro Explorer
Macro Express Player
Macro Express Pro[/Code]

These are all the ones I see related to MEP even though there are only two visible. I was wondering if somehow you were trying to activate a hidden window. Like if the window order was different than mine and the partial found a hidden first in your case.

Thanks for taking the trouble to test it.

I found a window in the Hidden list that had exactly the same name so I thought I'd choose that instead. But that still failed to activate the window.

What [u]does[/u] work, although I confess I don't understand why, is to change the name to another entry in the Visible list, [b]Macro Express Explorer[/b], which is the name of the [u]taskbar[/u] entry.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK