Macro Express Forums

Number of Firefiox tab rows?

Before I start from scratch I thought I'd see if any of the FF users here has a macro that will return the current number of tab rows please? That would let me easily determine the position of those elements that obviously vary relative to the rows.

Of course, it depends on the FF extensions you use. I use TabMix Plus, so the top of my FF screen looks like this, currently showing two tab rows in use.

FF-TabRows.jpg

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

I don't think is very difficult to do (famous last words!). I'd start by working out how to recognize the divider between the bottom of the last row of tabs and the main part of Firefox. Then I'd calculate the height of a single row of tabs, after which you should be home.

• 4 weeks later...

Dunno if this'll help or not "but"...

See here:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tab-counter/

And I believe there are others (at least 1 more!).

What I don't know is if the digit it displays in the toolbar is 'scrape-able' or not... haven't tried it personally. If it is, that'd prob be even easier than counting / figuring pixels / colors, etc.

Just a thought...

Cheers,

--P

Thanks Adirondacker. Just installed and tried it out of curiosity. But although it might sometimes be handy in its own right, unfortunately it has two flaws for my requirement:

1. It isn't possible to copy the result to the clipboard. (Without using OCR.)

2. I needed the number of tab rows, not the number of tabs. (And they vary in width, so there's no direct relationship.)

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK