Macro Express Forums

SpeakIt works with Macro Express Pro

I tried this addon SpeakIt while i was using Macro Express 3. Does it work with Macro Express Pro on Win 7 also?

Does it support output in German also?

If not, is there a workaround available to enable an spoken feedback preferably in German by MEX Pro?

Thank You

Alexandra

Your question got me curious so I tried it. No, SpeakIt does not work with Macro Express Pro. If there is enough interest we will update SpeakIt.

SpeakIt provides an interface between Macro Express and the Microsoft text-to-speech engine. If the engine can speak German, then SpeakIt would be able to.

Thank you Kevin for taking the time! :)

I think it would be great to add Speaking abilities to MEX. Maybe it is not necessary to update SpeakIt if other engines are available/installable which can be addressed by MEX Pro Commands. At the moment i don´t know one. :(

Actually i´m coding a "voice understanding" expert system in MEX at the moment. More for educational / fun reasons than for pro-use. You should be able to talk freely to this macro which is kind of understanding you.

For this, i need voice understandig and speaking abilities. The understanding is done by Dragon Naturally Speaking 11.5 Premium and the DNS-Addon Vocola. The speaking part is done by voice reader from Inlingua which has a pretty realistic voice.

Unfortunately i haven´t figured out how to use the ShellExecute Command in Vocola to trigger a certain MEX Pro Macro. I tried the "c:\program files\Macro Express3\MeProc.exe" /AName of Macro approach in various ways but it does not work.

I´ll post seperately for this.

Thank You

Alexandra