Macro Express Forums

Same Situation...

I have been using Macro Express for many, many years. I always seem to get stuck in the same place with relatively the same issue and end up walking away. I always seem to have some kind of timing error/issue. Is there a way to slow down the running speed of the Macro so that each step can complete. I have included a portion of the code that is not working for me.

Thanks for any help.

Bob

<DELAY Flags="\x01" Time="1"/>
<CLIPBOARD COPY/>
<WINDOW ACTIVATE Title="Microsoft OneNote" Exact_Match="FALSE" Wildcards="FALSE" _IGNORE="0x0006" _COMMENT="Go to OneNote Window"/>
<DELAY Flags="\x02" Time="350"/>
<MOUSE MOVE Option="\x02" X="393" Y="211" _PROMPT="0x000A" _COMMENT="Location of Page Title"/>
<MOUSE LEFT DOUBLE CLICK/>
<CLIPBOARD PASTE _COMMENT="Paste Page Title"/>

Hello. For your specific case please use "waiting for window title" under Timing.

You can also slow down the macro playback speed: Select "Macro Control" from left side and then "Macro Playback Speed"

value 0.5 slow down you macro half time

value 2 speed up your macro to times

Your code, optimized:

<DELAY Flags="\x01" Time="1"/>
<CLIPBOARD COPY/>
<WINDOW ACTIVATE Title="Microsoft OneNote" Exact_Match="FALSE" Wildcards="FALSE" _IGNORE="0x0006" _COMMENT="Go to OneNote Window"/>
<WAIT FOR WINDOW TITLE Title="Microsoft OneNote" Partial="TRUE" Wildcards="FALSE" Indefinite="FALSE" Hours="0" Minutes="0" Seconds="15" _COMMENT="!! Important !!"/>
<MOUSE MOVE Option="\x02" X="393" Y="211" _PROMPT="0x000A" _COMMENT="Location of Page Title"/>
<MOUSE LEFT DOUBLE CLICK/>
<CLIPBOARD PASTE _COMMENT="Paste Page Title"/>

Timing between every click, is VERY IMPORTANT ! 300 ms - 350 ms should be enough for this.

Look_Up

• 2 weeks later...

About half of my design time on macros is devoted to timing. Beyond the normal timing commands I often write my own routines to make sure I am where I want to be before continuing. BTW if you are using controls in your macro don't forget that there are timing commands for them as well. The makes it really simple. EG don't click on the button until the button is ready. Another really good reason to use controls.