Macro Express Forums

Save screen area as graphic-file?

You need to be more specific about what you're trying to achieve.

At first sight your question seems unrelated to Macro Express Pro.

To "save a screen area as graphic-file" you typically use screen capture programs. There are scores of these, free and commercial. I mainly use Snagit. Here are 29 million to sift through!

http://tinyurl.com/cpkua58

Or you could make the initial capture with the PrtScr key on your keyboard, and then perhaps use a macro to select a specific area or window with Mouse commands, and change the file type as you ask in your other post.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terry is correct. You will need to use some utility for this. I use Snagit as well. But often you can do things with simple free grapics apps like Irfanview.

Hi,

I know about Screen Capture Tools (I use HyperSnap for a test), but I want to do some actions with MEP, then make with MEP a Screenshot of an active window and upload it to my webspace. Thats not the problem, but MEP uploads it only as BMP (>6MB each file http://pgmacros.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=5109 :-() and BMP-files I cant handle with PHP...

I only used .Net, because my idea does not work with MEP and I did not want to install any other programs (like HyperSnap/Snagit or ImageMagick).

With ImageMagick I got the idea of command line programming tool in .NET and after an hour I had what I wanted with some lines of code in .Net.

MEP is easy to use, so I prefer this great tool instead of program some codes in .Net or other languages. :-D