Macro Express Forums

E-mail And Multiple Senders ?

inokenti

Hi,

I want to do a macro who send some mails, but every mail must have an e-mail sender different (because i have 5 address e-mail). In macro express, we can write only one adress e-mail for sender in the option !! :(

How I can make it ?

I have too an other problem, when i send an e-mail with ME3, a error message appears :

error.jpg

I don't understand...........because i have filled the SMTP server and the e-mail address !

Thank you for your help !

Inokenti :)

Socket Error #11001

This error message indicates that the SMTP server information is not correct. Verify the Host and Port settings.

I want to do a macro who send some mails, but every mail must have an e-mail sender different (because i have 5 address e-mail). In macro express, we can write only one adress e-mail for sender in the option !!

Yes, this is how Macro Express works. You have to set the email information in the prefereces. What are you doing that requires different 'from' addresses?

It's Ok for the socket error, it was a problem with my firewall ! <_<

For the e-mail : By example, i want a macro who make :

escargot@yahoo.fr send "Hello how are you" at abcdef@yahoo.fr

123xxxx@yahoo.fr send "I'm fine thank you" at xxxxxxx@aol.com

The e-mail (escargot@yahoo.fr and 123xxxx@yahoo.fr) are my different e-mails

I want a macro who made these 2 mails, but it's impossible in the same macro ??? because we can put only 1 address e-mail in your software for the sender !.

And changing e-mail at every sending is very boring...

I hope you understand my problem........

If I understand correctly when you send you would like a combination box where you could choose you “reply to” email address when sending an email.

I have some macros that email notifications with links when new documents are converted. Sometimes the there are different users using the same workstation so I change the ME registry value.

In your case I would prompt with a multi choice dialog box and save the results to a string var. Then write that var to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Insight Software Solutions\Macro Express\Email". Then when the email goes out it will use the email address you choose.

You will need to test this as sometimes programs wont read the registry except at startup but I think the email utility checks it each time it runs in ME as I have never had a problem with it.