Macro Express Forums

How Do I Use "wait For Web Page" With Opera?

chileverde

The e-mail message announcing the release of v. 3.5d states that it is now possible to use "Wait for Web Page" with browsers other than IE. I want to use it with Opera, but I can't figure out how. The e-mail gives a link to a macro for Netscape; it gives detailed instructions as to how a macro can determine which is the default browser; but it does not say how to make the command work for Opera. I am only writing macros for myself, and I prefer Opera, so my macros do not need to determine the default browser.

So is there anywhere I can find a "Wait for Web Page" command or macro that will work for Opera?

The Wait for Web Page macro command only works with Internet Explorer.

You can, using existing macro commands, create a macro to perform a Wait for Web Page - like function. The link in the latest issue of the Macro Express News email newsletter (the Macro Express News Email Newsletter - July 13, 2005) is an example macro showing how to do this for Netscape. To use with Opera (or Firefox) you would need to create a similar macro.

As the documentation for that macro should say, the idea is to pick a location on the screen where the color changes when the browser is no longer busy. If I remember correctly, when I tried to use Opera, it had a tendancy to display the 'status' and then hide it. But there is a preference setting to leave it displayed all the time.

I hope this helps clarify things.

P.S. If you get a Wait for Web Page macro written for Opera and submit it to be shared, I will see that it gets published and that you get a Macro Express T-Shirt.

• 1 year later...