Macro Express Forums

Fax Breakup For Pdf

This is a stand alone macro that breaks up a fax into several files. Describing the need is easier than the function so let me try that. I have a client that receives faxes as PDF but sometimes a fax will come in with a cover and individual pages for several participants. The standard is that a copy of each of these be saved per participant but we don't want the other pages germane to others in this filed copy. But we want to keep the cover pages. So this macro makes the necessary number of PDFs and deletes the superfluous pages. This is actually part of a much larger macro but this runs fine by itself. It's just not as clean as I would like for posting but I'm not going to spend the time. Basically it will ask you for the file, number of cover pages and the number of pages per participant. Then it will test to make sure the number jive with the total number of pages. Then it creates multiple files, deletes the original and parses out the pages.