Macro Express Forums

Ctrl + F - Find Text On A Web Page

yvonne

Hallo,

I downloaded the trial version and trying to get to know the proggi (which I think is just great!!!!, stumpled over it completely by accident) started out with quite a simple operation:

trying to click a button on a web page

Browsing throught the forum I found following thread ...

http://pgmacros.com/community/index.php?showtopic=439

.. advising to use CTRL+F for 'approaching' the relevant button since tabbing through the whole web page one easily ends up with like 25 tabs until the next web-updates makes that obsolete and you have to record the whole tabbing thing again.

So tried the search but since I am a complete newbie to the prog I seem to be doing sth wrong (the search field doesn't even pop up when I execute the macro).

Macro Script:

1. <HTTP:s1.amazon.de/exec/varzea/sdp/sai-thank-you/028-0099386-5990128>

2. <DELAY:0,5>

3. <CTRLD>

4. <TEXTTYPE:F>

5. <CTRLU>

6. <TEXTTYPE:Suche anhand von ISBN>

7. <TEXTTYPE:<ENTER>>

8. <TEXTTYPE:<TAB>>

9. <TEXTTYPE:<ESC>>

1. I open the web page

2. with a delay

3. control key down

4. typing F

5. control key up

6. Texttype: "Suche anhand von ISBN" is the text I am trying to find right in front of the relevant Tab

7. Enter

8. one Tab to get to the web button

9. And finally escape to close the CTRG + F field.

I can't figure out what I am doing wrong (esp since what I am trying to do is really simple); any suggestion would be great.

Feel like a dumb ass not eving getting sth like this to work;

for some reason capturing the macro doesn't really work, executing it makes it work sometimes and sometimes it just stops in the middle.

sorry for any English blunders ...

grüße

yvonne

Try changing lines 2 and 4 to something like this.

<HTTP:s1.amazon.de/exec/varzea/sdp/sai-thank-you/028-0099386-5990128><WAITWEB2:000010:000000:s1.amazon.de/exec/varzea/sdp/sai-thank-you/028-0099386-5990128><CTRLD><TEXTTYPE:f><CTRLU>

Web Site: s1.amazon.de/exec/varzea/sdp/sai-thank-you/028-0099386-5990128

Wait for Web Page: "s1.amazon.de/exec/varzea/sdp/sai-thank-you/028-0099386-5990128"

Control Key Down

Text Type: f

Control Key Up

Line 2 is a Wait for Web Page command. It will pause until IE reports to windows that it is done loading page.

Im line 4 change the case of the letter f to lowercase. I and others here have experienced issues when using an uppercase letter with CTRL or ALT.

Hi,

I think you need to wait for the "Find" window to gain focus, insert your text, prexx enter, wait for find window to lose focus etc;

then "Shift-Tab" "tab" enter to hit that link (or tab to the link).

Best, Randall

[cf the first page in the thread from my signature "WebEdit" - the earliest example uses "control-find", I think, though I prefer the later ways of doing it]

thanks for the quick replies ... I tried everything suggested but the problem was somewhere else:

it's the OPERA BROWSER I am using!

installed firefox and it worked fine with that but even with the modifications it didn't get the search field to pop up in opera.

so I think I am gonna have to switch to IE when working with macro express:

http://pgmacros.com/community/index.php?sh...&st=0entry442

@randallc

I downloaded the WebEditButtons.mxe - is that what you suggested ?

anyways, thanks again for the support (:

Hi,

Yes;

1. instead of :"alt-v-c" to get the source html text to clipboard, use "alt-v-o" in Opera (and similar in Firefox); then

2. instead of "Alt="Edit Post") as search text, search for the type of link and text or http you want, and

3. change any parsing/ searching as needed (that macro is looking for the name of any image text; specifically "Edit Post" on this forum or similar)

4. change the macro you call once the "Web page" command is run from the retrieved link.

Best Randall