Macro Express Forums

Macro For Ie6 Browsing

KeyBored

Hi All,

I am using Windows XP and IE6. I created a simple macro to go back to the previous web page after opening a link in the same window. The script is "<Alt>vob" (without the quotes) and the hotkey is F8. I assigned F8 to the thumb button on my mouse. My macro works if the link opens in the same window, but fails if the link opens in a new window.

I created a second macro to close a new window, but I want to create one macro that covers both situations. In other words, I will be returned to the previous page if the link opens in the same window, but if the link opens in a new window, the macro will close the new window and return to the original window. I suspect that this could be done via logic, variables, window controls, etc. but I'm not familiar with these advanced features.

Any ideas?

One further question: Is it possible to tweak the registry or create a macro that will FORCE every link to open in the same window? This would be an even better solution than the above. It seems that I spend a lot of time closing numerous IE windows, and sometimes close the original window by mistake. I've always wondered why website developers think that we all enjoy this annoyance.

Thanx,

Key Bored

Hi,

I'm not sure how reliable (won't work properly and will shutdown if both Web Pages in links in same explorer have same window title, as it relies on a change....), but seems to work?...

<TVAR2:01:06:><TEXTTYPE:<ALT><ARROW LEFT>><WAITWEB2:000010:000000:><TVAR2:02:06:><IFVAR2:4:02:1:T1><WCLS:"CURRENT"><ENDIF>
Variable Set String %T1% from Window Title

Text Type: <ALT><ARROW LEFT>

Wait for Web Page: ""

Variable Set String %T2% from Window Title

If Variable %T2% = variable %T1%

Window Close: Current Window

End If

I doubt the registry issue, cause it's a java thing from the Website, probably....

Best, Randall