Macro Express Forums

Exporting/importing Q

jeremy

I exported my macros to a playable file.... I thought... then xfered both .mex files and all the .00* files to my flash drive to take home with me. Before all this I closed macex from the systray and when prompted to backup, clicked yes. I've now lost (it seems) about 4 of my macros that I'm using for a big project..... anyone got something... feel free to ask me more questions to make sure i know what i'm talking about.

A playable macro has the extension of .mxe, not .mex as you described and a playable macro contains only one macro. If you attempt to export several macros to a playable macro you will be prompted for a name for each one.

Have you searched your hard drive of other files with .mex or .mxe extensions? It is possible that a copy of your macro file is hiding out somewhere.

ok... yeah, i had already did a search for mxe... there was nothing.... so i guess i'm wrong in saying that. It's alright now... I just rewrote them, but i'd like to take them home and do work at home. I suppose i just save the mex and the .00* files and paste them into the directory at home then??? and then open macro file??

You may not need the .000, .001, etc. files. If you are orgainized, all you need is your main macro file. For example, if you are using the macro file macex.mex then just copy it back and forth. The only problem is trying to remember which one you updated last.

Of course, if you use more than one macro file, like I do, then you need to copy all of them.