Macro Express Forums

Can no longer use 'Output Macro Information'

I don't use it very often but today I tried File > Export > Output Macro Information on multiple files and found it greyed out. Works OK on a single macro, but not on two or more. Typically I've used it with all macros selected.

Clearly a bug, so I've reverted to version 4.3.0.1 which is OK.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

I don't think so. AFAIK, Output Macro Information has only ever worked on all macros, so selecting one macro has no effect. Clearly selecting multiple macros should not affect this command one way or the other, but it's no big deal to select only one macro in order to "ungrey" the command.

Did you try it?

On my XP 32-bit PC the behaviour is exactly as I described. In the latest version it works on only a single macro. In 4.3.0.1 it works correctly as it always has in the past, namely on any number of macros, from 1 to all.

--

Thanks Samrae. I've sent a bug report.

Obviously, as 4.4.1.1 can no longer create an output for all macros or all in a category, it's not possible to do any useful work with the result. Such as searching your entire library for certain text strings.

Edit: I was mistaken about 4.4.1.1 no longer being able to create an information file for all macros. I re-installed it and took the counter-intuitive step of selecting a single macro before running the output operation. It did indeed create a full file. So while it's a bug introduced in 4.4.1.1, it's a trivial one.

--