Macro Express Forums

Starting Macros via commandline via Index #?

I like activating macros via commandline:

"c:\program files (x86)\Macro Express Pro\MeProc.exe" /AMacroname

However some of my macros have the same name. How can i access those without altering the macroname. I noticed that macros have index numbers. Can i use those?

Thank You

Alexandra

Why would you... Never mind!

AFAIK there is no way to do what you ask. I can't remember for certain but I think there's a way to pass a variable as a command line argument. Then you could write a third macro as a handler.

Why would you... Never mind!

AFAIK there is no way to do what you ask. I can't remember for certain but I think there's a way to pass a variable as a command line argument. Then you could write a third macro as a handler.

And how would this third macro call the right macro, given that two or more macros share the same name (which, incidentally, I find is a really bad practice!).

>> I find is a really bad practice! <<

It´s less a practice then a necessity if you would like set your 4 x 18 G-Keys or part of them on a Logitech 510 fast to a new applicaton. I once exported a set of 72 windowspecific macros. I import this, set the according .exe, ready to go!

Back to topic: How does it / could it work?

• 2 weeks later...