Macro Express Forums

Need example for Get Control & Capture control

There is a sample macro in the samples file which was installed in the programs folder or it's on their website which uses the Windows Calculator to demonstrate controls.

The one but of advice that I would pass along is that the Get Control does just that. The addresses of controls change every time they are created so there is no way of knowing their address in advance. The Get Control contains a path, imagine street directions, on how to find it at run time to define the control variable. But the Get Control doesn't execute where it's defined in the macro but at the first time it's used.

There is a sample macro in the samples file which was installed in the programs folder or it's on their website which uses the Windows Calculator to demonstrate controls.

The one but of advice that I would pass along is that the Get Control does just that. The addresses of controls change every time they are created so there is no way of knowing their address in advance. The Get Control contains a path, imagine street directions, on how to find it at run time to define the control variable. But the Get Control doesn't execute where it's defined in the macro but at the first time it's used.

Cory, Can you please mention the path here as i couldn't find it on the Macros.com website or please post it here in this thread.

It depends on where MEP is installed on your system but it will be in the MEP program folder. On my system for instance it's "C:\Program Files (x86)\Macro Express Pro\samples.mex". The macro I'm referring to is "Calculator and Notepad".