Macro Express Forums

Stop for a 5 digit number than add in an exact position on a line

I'm trying to enter a valuable on the run and then place it in a exact location in a text line. I am using an Internet explorer substitute called Opus. The data always goes into the 14th position on the line. The value is five characters. So basically I go to the first position of the line hit my macro enter the five digit character and then the Mac role moves 14 positions and places the value, now it drops to the next line, Chartor One, first value ready for another. The macro has to be executed for only some lines, since not all lines have an issue. The following was a weak attempt when not much of a clue:

Activate or Launch: Window "01 Jan", Program "dopus.exe", Parameters ""

Wait for Window Title: 01 Jan

Mouse Right Click

Mouse Right Click

Mouse Right Click

Mouse Right Click

Mouse Right Click

Mouse Right Click

Mouse Right Click

Mouse Right Click

Mouse Right Click

Mouse Right Click

Mouse Right Click

Mouse Right Click

Mouse Right Click

Mouse Right Click

Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): <ARROW RIGHT><ARROW RIGHT><ARROW RIGHT><ARROW RIGHT><ARROW RIGHT><ARROW RIGHT><ARROW RIGHT><ARROW RIGHT><ARROW RIGHT><ARROW RIGHT><ARROW RIGHT><ARROW RIGHT><ARROW RIGHT><ARROW RIGHT>

Wait for Key Press: ENTER

Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): <ARROW DOWN>

A little more information, please....

What is the file you are working with? Is it a text file, a Word file, or what?

Why are you using Opus to edit the file, rather than Notepad or Word or some such editor?

Are you typing the five-character insertion or do you want the macro to type it?

I too am confused. But for the moment I'm going to limit myself to one question.

You say you are using a web browser and you say you are editing text. Web browsers display read-only information. EG you can't edit the text on my homepage. So how are you editing the text? Is this a web form perhaps? One you might be editing in a text box? Perhaps you could provide a picture. Depending on how old your OS is you probably have a Snipping Tool in Windows you could give us a screen cap with.