Macro Express Forums

Failure on first attempt, then OK

This is something I've noticed over a long period. Some of my macros always fail to run correctly on the first attempt (during a session at my PC) but then work perfectly when I try again. So far I've found no likely pattern or cause.

I'm guessing a timing issue of some sort, but wonder if anyone has any suggestions of any more specific possibilities please? Or recommended methodical steps to isolate the cause?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Definitely something that happens regularly when I run a macro immediately after firing up a computer. I don't think there is anything you can do about it, short of adding inordinately long delays into scripts that, under other conditions, don't need the delays.

Thanks both.

Alan, do you get that only directly after rebooting? In my case it seems to be the first time I use that macro, either after many hours or possibly since the last reboot. Hard to say, as I rarely do reboot.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

I've noticed it also when I have logged into my computer remotely and left it connected. Then when I reconnect to my computer using the console session I'll see the delay. It doesn't seem like it's related however.