Macro Express Forums

Mouse drag causes syntax error

Hi All, I am trying to hold my left mouse button down and drag if a condition is met. The below code causes the Editor to complain about Syntax Errors:

If Variable %xVal% Is Greater Than "100"
Mouse Left Button Down
Mouse Move: %xx%, %yy% Relative to Screen
End If
Notice that the editor indents the "End If" , so clearly it is getting confused.
What, if anything am I doing incorrectly and how do I implement a mouse drag if a condition is met, without producing a syntax error?
(Here is the actual code as requested)
<IF VARIABLE Variable="%xVal%" Condition="\x03" Value="100" IgnoreCase="FALSE"/>
<MOUSE LEFT BUTTON DOWN/>
<MOUSE MOVE Option="\x01" X="%xx%" Y="%yy%" _PROMPT="0x000A"/>
<END IF/>

If Variable %xVal% Is Greater Than "100"
  Mouse Left Button Down
   Mouse Move: %xx%, %yy% Relative to Screen
  Mouse Left Button Up
End If

Add the Mouse Left Button Up line.

That defeats the whole purpose of the drag because if I use the "Mouse button up" and I am still on the same area of the screen it, then counts as a mouse click which has a completely different action associated with it.

Edit: Having said that I will try it out and see - perhaps I can do multiple drags, each with its own mouse down and mouse up, without them been considered mouse clicks by the application - I will let you guys know.

Within MXPro, the Button Down / Button Up commands are a code structure same as the If / End If and the Repeat / End Repeat structures. You will receive the same syntax error message when any part of any code structure is missing.

Within MXPro, the Button Down / Button Up commands are a code structure same as the If / End If and the Repeat / End Repeat structures. You will receive the same syntax error message when any part of any code structure is missing.

Yes it does seem so. It is irritating as a mousedown should not have an enforced mouseup. I might have perfectly good reasons for never releasing a mouse button and it shouldn't be up to the language to try enforce how I use my mouse! As it stands now, I have to release the mouse button within the same block of code - or suffer Syntax error warnings. Not happy.

In any case it does not effect the logic and the program runs perfectly ok , just every time I save it I get warned about the syntax error. I know I can disable the warning but want to keep it for a "real" syntax error!