Macro Express Forums

Is there a way to store dynamic data within the macro itself?

hi,

i want to make password manager and was wondering if macros can store dynamic data. say edit a textbox and then store that in a variable and then recall it back a couple of days later with the same edited information?

if not what other solutions are there? currently i have to edit the macro itself in order to change the data.

thanks

Not understanding what you mean. This situation seems not to be dynamic. Why not set a string variable in the macro to the password you require and have it Text Type that into whatever field is asking for it?

Look at the Help screens for Environment Variables -- you can create variables with whatever name you like and store string data in them, then retrieve it later. But I don't remember whether the environment variable survives a reboot of Windows; I don't think so.

Also look into Create Registry Entry, and write-to/read-from the variable. Again, I don't know whether the created entry survives a reboot, but it seems that it should -- what's a registry for, after all? :)