Macro Express Forums

Control Utility brings in Empty Control that I can't use

Hi there,

I'm trying to make a macro using a control variable. I lauch the utility, drag the purple X over the window, and it fills in something like this in the details:

> .

- [Program]

When I hit okay to save the control details to the variable, it says "You must first select a control. Please correct."

How do I grab a control if the program's developers didn't give it a name?

They don't think they need a name. Are you sure it's a Windows Form control? Many things are not. For instance you cant reach into a Java control running in a web browser. What is the application?

Please answer my question. What is the application? The program your'e trying to interact with. There are many different things like Java. Just because it looks like a control doesn't mean it's a Windows Form Control. What's more I think some applications like games who actively block control access so people can't write game-bots.

Hi Cory,

As the OP hasn't yet answered your question ... it's a graphics computer game.

"ArcheAge is an MMORPG developed by Korean developer Jake Song (former developer of Lineage) and his development company, XL Games. The game was released in Korea on January 15, 2013, Europe and North America on September 16, 2014, and has also had a closed beta in China."

I think MMORPG stands for Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK