Macro Express Forums

Puzzling sizing behaviour

This is best explained with an illustration:

IrfanView-NoMaximise.jpg

I haven't confidently pinned down the cause, and I cannot reproduce at will. I only realise it's happened when my macro fails (because it expects a maximised window) and on investigation I see the state shown.

But I'm posting here as I'm fairly sure it has only arisen while writing macros for IrfanView which include Window Maximize: <Current Window>

Anyone seen similar please?

Assuming it is down to MX, easiest work-around suggestions?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

I occasionally notice windows that are unusually sized, just like the one you show.

I wonder whether we are both seeing an unintended side effect of MEP's Maximize Window command. Try substituting:

Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): <ALT><SPACE>x

or if you are being extra careful:

Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): <ALT><SPACE>

Delay: 100 milliseconds
Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): x

Thanks Alan. I think you're probably right. What I did was to add a restore command before the maximise:

Window Restore: <Current Window>
Window Maximize: <Current Window>

So far that invalid state hasn't reoccurred, although it's so rare and unpredictable that I'm not sure if that fix will always work.

I'm also wondering if this extra delay I've added after the above is significant.

Delay: 0.3 seconds

Of course, it would help if we could come up with a reliable way of producing this state.

I'm almost sure I've not seen it except when running a macro. So I'll ask Support for any, er, insights.