Macro Express Forums

Mouse wheel command: odd behaviour

Anyone used the Mouse Wheel command? I did so today for first time (could be useful for scrolling or zooming) but I'm puzzled by its behaviour.

This scrolls a window on my 1920 x 1080 screen downward just over halfway:

Mouse Move: 960, 600 Relative to Screen // Centre of screen (or anywhere in a scrollable window)
Mouse Wheel: 6 clicks Backward

So I'd expect 12 clicks to take it fully down. But it scrolls only about ¾ down. In fact any value, even 200 clicks, gave same result.

A simple work-around is to split it into two commands, separated by a short delay:

Delay: 0.1 seconds

But I don't see why the direct method doesn't work? I tried adding a Mouse Speed up front, but even high values like 20 ms made no difference.

Puzzling.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Well, 'all' is a big word! But since my first post I've now tried about 20 apps, and so far only found one in which the command behaves as it should.

Applying the macro

Mouse Wheel: 200 clicks Backward
with F9 to my text editor, TextPad, on a large file with about 1700 lines, it scrolls all the way to the end. Trying it manually I estimate that's roughly the number of wheel 'clicks' that would be needed.

For all the others, that command barely moves the scrolling down. A typical example, of similar scrolling length to that text file, is the Macro Express Pro - Explorer window. In my case that too has about 1700 entries (must cull my macros again soon!) and would take about 200 wheel clicks to move from top to bottom. Applying the above moved it down only 10 lines. The alternative 'workaround'

Delay: 0.1 seconds

duplicated 200 times (a 400 line macro), scrolled to the bottom (slowly of course).

Did you try your own test?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

• 3 weeks later...