Macro Express Forums

Passing variables into Macro Express

Hi

I am trying to pass text into a variable in MacroExpress and seem to be doing something wrong. I am running:

C:\Program Files\Macro Express Pro\MacExp.exe /A1Test /VT2:Now is the time

My macro 1Test is simply:

<VARIABLE RESTORE Option="\x00"/>

<MESSAGEBOX Caption="Variable" Message="%T2%" Icon="0"/>
which I had expected to display a box containing the text "Now is the time". Sadly the box appears but is empty.
I suspect I am making a schoolboy error. Any ideas?
Thnx

My macro 1Test is simply:

There are a few errors in your command line and macro!

- You need to surround the C:\Program..... with double quotes (") because of the spaces contained in that command (I suspect you're actually doing this already, otherwise your macro would not run).

- Your macro needs to display the variable %T[2]% instead of %T2%, since the T variable is an array.

- I prefer meproc.exe to macexp.exe.

If you are using a 64-bit version of Windows you will need to use "C:\Program Files (x86)\Macro Express Pro" instead of "C:\Program Files\Macro Express Pro".

Macro Express Pro can have multiple macro files loaded at the same time. The /A command line parameter can be used to specify the macro file along with the macro to run.

This is what worked for me.

Create a batch (runmacro.bat) file containing this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Macro Express Pro\MacExp.exe" /A::c:\Macros\Test4.mex?Test /VT2:Now is the time

You will need to adjust the path to your macro file (c:\Macros\Test4.mex above). You may need to adjust the path to where Macro Express Pro is installed. As Paul mentioned, you could use meproc.exe instead of MacExp.exe.

Create a macro that looks like this:

Variable Restore: Restore All Variables

Text Box Display: Results

You can copy and paste it from here:

<TEXT BOX DISPLAY Title="Results" Content="{\\rtf1\\ansi\\ansicpg1252\\deff0\\deflang1033{\\fonttbl{\\f0\\fnil\\fcharset0 Tahoma;}{\\f1\\fnil Tahoma;}}\r\n\\viewkind4\\uc1\\pard\\f0\\fs16 Values from command line: %T[2]%\\f1 \r\n\\par }\r\n" Left="Center" Top="Center" Width="458" Height="142" Monitor="0" OnTop="FALSE" Keep_Focus="TRUE" Mode="\x00" Delay="0"/>