Macro Express Forums

Mouse Move bug in latest version?

I updated MX Pro to version 4.7.0.1 today. One of my regular macros no longer works. (There would no doubt be others amongst my thousand.) I reverted to 4.6.2.1 and it was OK. I re-installed 4.7 and it failed again. (Each install requires a reboot - very slow on this PC.)

The problem seems to be with the Mouse Move command. It places the mouse cursor near the RH edge of a text box in a Text Box Display, (becoming a text cursor), as I want. But that cursor then becomes 'inactive'. I have to leave the macro at that point and click it manually before I can proceed.

Edit: Here's my attempt to explain it further and demonstrate it with a macro. (It is dependent on pixel-position, so you may need to alter it.)

MX-MouseMove-1.jpg

I've also emailed Insight.

EDIT: I've changed the demo macro so that it is now activated by a Mouse Event, like the full macro.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

DemoMouseMoveProblemVersion47-MouseEventActivation.mex

Pleased to report this is sorted! :)

Insight tested and couldn't reproduce, so that prompted me to re-install 4.7.0.1 and reboot. The macro worked perfectly this time.

I'm guessing that it was some conflict with another process, although after the reboots following the original occurrence other stuff should have been at a minimum. As they say, go figure.

--

Just discovered a crucial fact. The demo macro does NOT show the problem if it is activated as I implied by a hotkey. The actual, original macro, as I said earlier, is activated by a Mouse Event, left clicking in an empty area above the content window.

I think that's why I wrongly thought the problem had gone away. I must have been trying the demo, not the real macro.

So I've changed the demo macro so that it is now activated by a Mouse Event, like the full macro.

--