Macro Express Forums

Shortcuts for Macro Express Pro

Hey Guys,

I do alot of tabbing between the favorite/line code area, is there a way I can get the short keys for this? I looked through the help files with no avail. For example i want a shortkey for that green arrow to bring a command from the left side to the right side, I dont' know what the short key for that is or where to even look. Here's a screenshot of what i am referring too. So the "insert command" before/after/end would be nice.

Also how do i modify established snippets?

Also is there an easier way to add something to favorites instead of ... OPTIONS.... customize favorites...?

post-19993-0-78650300-1469044581_thumb.png

post-19993-0-64263200-1469044606_thumb.png

I do alot of tabbing between the favorite/line code area, is there a way I can get the short keys for this?

Use Alt+Left Arrow to move to the Favorite Commands / Code Snippets / All Commands pane (depending on which is selected)

Use Alt+Right Arrow to move to the Script area (line code area)

Use Alt+Down Arrow to move to the Search for Command box

For example i want a shortkey for that green arrow to bring a command from the left side to the right side

Once you highlight a command on the left, if you press the ENTER key it is inserted on the right side (the script area). You can choose where the commands are inserted by clicking Options and choosing "Insert Command Before Selected", "Insert Command After Selected" or "Add Command to End of Script".

Also how do i modify established snippets?

The way I do this is to open a new, blank macro in the Script Editor, click Snippets, click on the snippet to put it in the script area, edit it, highlight it and save it as a Snippet.

Also is there an easier way to add something to favorites instead of ... OPTIONS.... customize favorites...?

I am not aware of another way to do this.

When writing macros I use the Search box extensively. For example, when I want a Text Box Display command I press Alt+Down Arrow, "text box d" and ENTER. I don't always type the entire thing. I may type "tex" and Down Arrow and then ENTER. I do not use Favorite Commands because I can search for my favorite commands so quickly.

Use Alt+Left Arrow to move to the Favorite Commands / Code Snippets / All Commands pane (depending on which is selected)

Use Alt+Right Arrow to move to the Script area (line code area)

Use Alt+Down Arrow to move to the Search for Command box

Once you highlight a command on the left, if you press the ENTER key it is inserted on the right side (the script area). You can choose where the commands are inserted by clicking Options and choosing "Insert Command Before Selected", "Insert Command After Selected" or "Add Command to End of Script".

The way I do this is to open a new, blank macro in the Script Editor, click Snippets, click on the snippet to put it in the script area, edit it, highlight it and save it as a Snippet.

I am not aware of another way to do this.

When writing macros I use the Search box extensively. For example, when I want a Text Box Display command I press Alt+Down Arrow, "text box d" and ENTER. I don't always type the entire thing. I may type "tex" and Down Arrow and then ENTER. I do not use Favorite Commands because I can search for my favorite commands so quickly.

Thank you so much for this, you answered all my questions in a very concise manner. I really appreciate it.

I am starting to use the search function, it seems pretty good and easy to use. I think this is a more effective method of quickly going through the commands and is more efficient then favorites for sure!