Macro Express Forums

Green Man does not show current macro?

I haven't really looked too closely at this before. What are the rules about the macro name displayed on hovering over the green man tray icon?

I'm running a macro, call it Main. It runs various submacros:

Submacro1

Open file from Explorer in Mem-Map

Submacro3,

Submacro4

etc.

There are TBDs providing information as the macro progresses. What should the hovered label be at any point in the macro while these messages are being displayed?

What I'm actually seeing, at every stage, is the name Action when Mem-Map first opened, which is a submacro of the submacro Open file from Explorer in Mem-Map. That persists thoughout the entire running of Main.

Is it somehow due to its being a submacro of a submacro? And/or perhaps the fact that its activation is 'Window is opened'?

I would have expected the label to show Main throughout. Or, failing that, the most recent submacro run.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

If more than one macro is running then none is displayed. I determined this ages ago. Since you are running a macro in a macro, effectively multiple are running.

BTW I named the running man Forrest from the movie Forrest Gum. "Run Forrest, run!"

If more than one macro is running then none is displayed. I determined this ages ago. Since you are running a macro in a macro, effectively multiple are running.

BTW I named the running man Forrest from the movie Forrest Gum. "Run Forrest, run!"

That doesn't seem to square with what I described, where there is a label displayed.

Nor is that my experience when two or more independent macros are running, when I see a label something like 'Multiple macros are running'.

• 4 weeks later...

Yup. We covered this ages ago in the forum. I know it well. I think it was one do the items on my public bug list I used to maintain of MEP bugs and their status. If multple macros are running, none show.

Yup. We covered this ages ago in the forum. I know it well. I think it was one do the items on my public bug list I used to maintain of MEP bugs and their status. If multple macros are running, none show.

Not in my experience, as I said in my post about a month ago.