Macro Express Forums

Find text Especific

Hello, my friends, this is my first post in this great community, so if you are in the wrong place, I apologize. I need your help, For example, I have a variable that contains the text "user with code BQ", I need the code "BQ", however it can appear anywhere in the text. What I've been trying to find is the code to isolate the code "BQ" but i fail, that's it ... does anyone have any ideas? XD

My macro is version 4.7.1.1.

Variable Set Integer %N1% from Position of Text in Variable %T1% (search for "user with code ") 

That gives you the displacement within the variable of the text "user with code ".  Add 15 to the value in N1, and you have the starting position within the text of the two-character code.  Extract the characters into another variable with

Variable Modify String: Copy Part of %T1% to %T2% (starting position N1, characters to copy 2)

If I have misunderstood what you want, then give us some examples of text you are working with, and the codes you are trying to isolate. 

• Like 1

On 30/06/2017 at 5:04 PM, rberq said:

Variable Set Integer %N1% from Position of Text in Variable %T1% (search for "user with code ") 

That gives you the displacement within the variable of the text "user with code ".  Add 15 to the value in N1, and you have the starting position within the text of the two-character code.  Extract the characters into another variable with

Variable Modify String: Copy Part of %T1% to %T2% (starting position N1, characters to copy 2)

If I have misunderstood what you want, then give us some examples of text you are working with, and the codes you are trying to isolate. 

Thank's very much to all of you!!! rberq, Perfect you resolved my problem !!!