Macro Express Forums

Use of operators

Hello,

is there an opportunity to subtract 1 to the following statement - i want to subtract to the variable StelleSemikolon 1 - or do i have to declare a new variable before?

<VARIABLE MODIFY STRING Option="\x09" Destination="%Programm%" Variable="%Zwischenablage%" Start="1" Count="%StelleSemikolon%" NoEmbeddedVars="FALSE"/>

Any idea?

Thank you

Martin

Hi Martin,

I hope the following is self-explanatory.

Variable Set String %Zwischenablage%: Prompt
Variable Set Integer %StelleSemikolon%: Prompt
Variable Modify String: Copy a substring in %Zwischenablage%, starting at 1 and %StelleSemikolon% characters long to %Programm%
Text Box Display: First result

// If the above is a correct example of what you are doing, I will now see if I understand your question about subtracting.
// To repeat the above command in line 3 but using a new value of StelleSemikolon, you do not need to define a new varaible. Instead you can edit the value using the same name.
// I have done this in the following command, in this case reducing the previous number by one.

Variable Modify Integer %StelleSemikolon%: Decrement
 Variable Modify String: Copy a substring in %Zwischenablage%, starting at 1 and %StelleSemikolon% characters long to %Programm%
Text Box Display: Second result

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Variable Modify String: Convert %T1% to integer %N1%             convert text variable to integer variable
Variable Modify Integer: Dec (%N1%)                                             decrement integer variable
Variable Modify Integer: Convert %N1% to text string %T1%      convert integer variable back to text variable