Macro Express Forums

Carrige return

Hello,

i want to save some text in a text file to retrieve this data with ASCII File Express - can i save in the text file end of paragraph or a break of line(an with which chararcte)r.. If i put the data in a text field afterwards it works perfect? sorry, my last english lesson is some twenty years ago.

thank you

Martin

You can include end of line character(s) when saving information to a text file. You should be able to save the end of paragraph character once you identify what that character is.

The end of line character(s) differ depending on what computer system you are using. For Windows this would be CR followed by LF or CRLF. However, if your destination computer is Linux this may be LF and for Apple this may be only either CR. I will leave it to you to determine which specific character(s) you need for end of paragraph or end of line.

To include these characters in your macros use the "Variable Set to ASCII Char" command. This is a sample from my macros that sets variables for CR, LF and TAB.

Variable Set to ASCII Char 13 to %CR%
Variable Set to ASCII Char 10 to %LF%
Variable Set to ASCII Char 9 to %TAB%

For more information about ASCII Characters enter "ASCII characters" into your preferred search engine.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...