Macro Express Forums

WAV at end of macro - macro never ends

I think this is a bug, although I suspect it might be unique to Windows 10.

In several macros I use a Sound Fie to alert me when a macro has finished. But these no longer work. Any macro with a Sound File as its last command never ends. Running man persists.

In the simple example below, on closing the TBD the WAV should play for its three seconds or so and the macro should then stop. The problem remains whether or not the option 'Wait for the sound file to finish before continuing the macro' is enabled.

Text Box Display:
Sound File: $LEADER.WAV

<TEXT BOX DISPLAY Content="{\\rtf1\\ansi\\ansicpg1252\\deff0\\deflang2057{\\fonttbl{\\f0\\fnil\\fcharset0 Tahoma;}{\\f1\\fnil Tahoma;}}\r\n\\viewkind4\\uc1\\pard\\f0\\fs20 Close this to continue.\\f1 \r\n\\par }\r\n" Left="Center" Top="Center" Width="278" Height="200" Monitor="0" OnTop="FALSE" Keep_Focus="TRUE" Mode="\x00" Delay="0"/>
<SOUND FILE File="C:\\Users\\terry\\Sounds\\Sound Effects\\$LEADER.WAV" Wait="TRUE" _PROMPT="0x0007"/>

It's a trivial work-around (add Macro Stop) but I'd be interested to know if anyone can reproduce please?

• 2 weeks later...