Macro Express Forums

Scheduled Macro, Watch The Countdown

You can use Text Box Display, with the remaining time displayed as a variable.  Something like this:

//  
Variable Set String %T1% "4:58"
Text Box Display: %T1%
Delay 700 Milliseconds
Text Box Close: %T1%
// 

You may have trouble getting it display as often as once per second, simply due to the timing within ME.  As far as I know, you can't change the value within an already-displayed text box, so it has to be closed and a new box displayed for each time change. 

2 hours ago, rberq said:

As far as I know, you can't change the value within an already-displayed text box, so it has to be closed and a new box displayed for each time change. 

If you choose the 'Floating box until "Close Box" or end of macro' option in Text Box Display you can use the 'Update Textbox' comand later in your macro.

To see how this works check out the "Show Macro Progress" macro in the samples.mex macro file.

I had a separate multipurpose macro for this I would use as a subroutine. A simple loop with 1 second delay. Update text. I'd pass the parameters like number of seconds, message and so forth. It's slightly more than one second because of the run time of the macro but in testing I found it negligible. I had many cool features of the display as well as the ability to cancel. When the macro is done, your main macro continues. I used it in many macros.