Macro Express Forums

Macro activation : when I stop a macro.

I can't think of a native way to do this in MEP. But perhaps knows of, or can think of, a hack. Perhaps every running macro writes information to a file, or to the registry, when it exits; and every macro, when it's launched, checks the file or registry and writes data to it.

I have never had a problem with text like "<CTRLD>x<CTRLU> ".  On the contrary, for reasons I don't understand, I sometimes found " <CONTROL>x " to be unreliable, so I always use the down-then-x-then-up sequence.

For most macros, maybe you have a standard sequence of commands at the beginning, such as logging the macro name, setting mouse and keystroke speeds, and so on.  (If not, you should.?)  You could put something like this within the first few lines of every macro to clear any prior downs: Text Type: <CTRLU><ALTU><SHIFTU><WINU>.  

Of course that doesn't help clear the down keys for manual typing until some other macro runs ... I don't really know what to suggest for that.?  Perhaps use Text Type: <CTRLU><ALTU><SHIFTU><WINU> immediately after ANY sequence that includes a key-down command -- when you cancel a macro, 99.9999% of the time the cancellation would not occur between the down and the subsequent up.  For example,

Text Type: <SHIFTD>
Text Type: abcdefgABCDEFG
Text Type: <CTRLU><ALTU><SHIFTU><WINU> 

I have never had a problem with text like "<CTRLD>x<CTRLU> ".  On the contrary, for reasons I don't understand, I sometimes found " <CONTROL>x " to be unreliable, so I always use the down-then-x-then-up sequence.

Interesting!

Which of the two do others experience as more reliable?

Couldn't give a useful answer without fairly thorough testing of both in a wide variety of macros. I only use the longer-to-type <CTRLD>x<CTRLU>  while trouble-shooting, when I try all sorts of probably irrelevant substitutions and varied delays etc.