Macro Express Forums

Click on webpage "Next Page" button

'all I want to do is :

a. hit a hotkey & allow the macro to locate the cursor to top left of webpage;

b. Press ^A to select all contents and then ^c to copy the page to clipboard;

c. Then, click on the little "NEXT===>" near page bottom to go to the next  webpage;  

I can't remember how!!!!!!!!!! Can someone tell me?

Thanks,

Jeff

Depending on the webpage, this series of steps could be very simple to automate via Macro Express, or extremely complex.

There are likely several ways to accomplish the task. But the method, or methods, will depend a lot on the coding of the webpage, and on the browser you are using.

One quick question. What type of element is "Next >>>"? Is it a hypertext link, an image, a push button?

I am sorry.....I thought this response had  gone out:

When i move the pointer to the NEXT thing, the pointer becomes a hand. Also, this is visible in a window:

<button class="next" data-ember-action="" data-ember-action-6272="6272">
          <div class="next-text">
            Next
          </div>
        <span class="svg-icon-wrap"><span class="visually-hidden">Next</span><li-icon aria-hidden="true" type="chevron-right-icon" size="small"><svg viewBox="0 0 24 24" width="24px" height="24px" x="0" y="0" preserveAspectRatio="xMinYMin meet" class="artdeco-icon" focusable="false"><path d="M9,8L5,2.07,6.54,1l4.2,6.15a1.5,1.5,0,0,1,0,1.69L6.54,15,5,13.93Z" class="small-icon" style="fill-opacity: 1"></path></svg></li-icon></span>
      </button>

As @acantor implied, the devil is in the details. 

Getting the mouse or text cursor to the right position before selecting the required ‘total content’ is the challenge. To take an example: doing so in my Firefoxor or Waterfox browser depends on how many tabs are open. If they occupy more than one row, then appropriate adjustment has to be made. IOW a sub-macro has to be run first. Gets complicated quite soon. And that’s assuming the structure of the page remains permanently unchanged.

A screenshot or link to the page is needed.

Terry, UK

• 1 year later...