Macro Express Forums

Clicking wrong button

I have a simple macro to make life easier for me.  It moves the mouse between two buttons and left clicks them.  Over and over.  I control it (pause) using the scroll lock key.

Problem is, when I activate the scroll lock key the macro often will not click the buttons.  The mouse curser will move back and forth between the two buttons.  But no left clicks are happening.  Or if they are, they are not actually activating the buttons.  No sound effect from the click and no results or actions that should happen from clicking the button(s).

If I manually operate the mouse button to do a left click it usually begins clicking, but only that button.  The mouse curser will move back and forth between the two buttons but only one of the buttons function is happening.  If I press the scroll lock key to do something else and then resume, it normally will not click the buttons.  If I manually activate the left click button on the mouse it will resume clicking that button, no matter where the mouse cursor is then relocated.  I can manually move the mouse around and when the macro left clicks, that button will activate even though the mouse cursor is not hovering over it.  Even if the mouse cursor is hovering over another button.  I'll include the short macro.

<GET KEY STATE Key="Scroll Lock" Dest="%ScrollLockState%"/>
<IF VARIABLE Variable="%ScrollLockState%" Condition="\x00" Value="TRUE" IgnoreCase="FALSE"/>
<MOUSE MOVE Option="\x01" X="1173" Y="616" _PROMPT="0x000A"/>
<DELAY Flags="\x01" Time="1"/>
<MOUSE LEFT CLICK/>
<MOUSE MOVE Option="\x01" X="1172" Y="476" _PROMPT="0x000A"/>
<MOUSE LEFT CLICK/>
<END IF/>

Strange.  Some unexpected interaction between Scroll Lock and the mouse??? 

Just as an experiment, try changing your macro to use Caps Lock or Num Lock as the pause indicator, and see what happens. 

Is that the whole macro?  You said it clicks "over and over" but I don't see any repeating logic. 

I use a simple repeat trick from the help file by enclosing it all in:

<REPEAT UNTIL Variable="%T[1]%" Condition="\x00" Value="999999999999999999999999"/>
<END REPEAT/>

One other symptom, sometimes even I can't left mouse click unless I 'jiggle' the mouse a little.  In those cases I nudge the mouse a small amount and then I can click.  I have also noticed that if I manually move the mouse to the button and then start the macro that it seems to work every time.

Hi,

I'm assuming, of course, that your set preference for terminating the macro manually does not involve Scroll Lock. (I use the Pause/Break key.)

Your macro works OK here. Are you saying it has also done so for you but now no longer does?

Not optimistic, but in addition to rberg's suggestion try adding a Mouse Speed command, starting with a low value like:

<MOUSE SPEED Delay="1"/>

Although it did not malfunction in my test (where did you see that tip?), I'd recommend a less cumbersome indefinite repeat method than yours. For example:

Repeat Until %N[99]% Does not Equal "%N[99]%"

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

19 hours ago, JRabe said:

I, sometimes even I can't left mouse click unless I 'jiggle' the mouse a little.  In those cases I nudge the mouse a small amount and then I can click. 

I have occasionally seen that behavior with certain applications, even sometimes with Firefox.  And sometimes the "clickable" portion of a button is isolated to a small central portion rather than to the whole visible icon.  I don't pretend to know why that is so, but it makes me wonder whether your whole original problem is somehow connected to the application you are working with, rather than to Windows or Macro Express.