Macro Express Forums
nkormanik

Specify Which Computer To Execute Macro On

I use two computers: A and B

One keyboard and mouse, by way of MouseWithoutBorders.  Wonderfully controls both computers.

If through Windows Task Scheduler I have a macro to execute on Computer A, but I am currently over working on Computer B, the macro seems to operate on Computer B, and not A as desired.

Is there a way to confine the macro to Computer A, and not switch over to Computer B, even though I am working on Computer B, through MouseWithoutBorders?  In other words, STAY ON COMPUTER A!!! 

Any thoughts appreciated.

Nicholas Kormanik

No good ideas. All I can think of is to somehow suspend your MouseWithoutBorders software while the macro runs. But I don't know if that's possible. 

It's curious, though.  Macro Express seems to follow the mouse, whichever computer the mouse is on, regardless of which computer the macro originated from initially.

Macro Express simulates keystrokes and mouse movement, so it sort of makes sense it would follow to wherever WebWithoutBorders is directing the keyboard/mouse.

But what about a macro that just does file actions, no keyboard or mouse at all?  Does that still follow the mouse?  Is ME installed on all the computers? 

When I was more active, the majority of my macros didn't use keyboard or mouse. But then I got into programming in .NET where these things are faster, simpler and reliable. I changed my mind and now I agree with you. In most cases if a macro doesn't use a keyboard or mouse, it's better to use scripts or write programs. MEP only shines for automating mouse and keyboard actions and working with the user in short macros. Almost everything else is better to do with a program, even web automation. MEP is for macros, not a programming application.