Macro Express Forums

How do I get 'Win Default' style Menu?

I'm just playing around with the Menu Builder here...

You can have 
-Icons only vertical
-Icons only horizonal
-Window with nickname and scope
-Window with beginning of script.

The help file suggests a fifth options though..  In the help section
Menu Builder - Miscellaneous
near the bottom is: 

Windows Default
The Windows Default menu displays the icon associated with the macro and the macro nickname. Click on the macro to start the playback. Also assign accelerator keys to the macros using the Set Accelerator SetAccelerator.png button. Pressing the A key activates the My Address macro in the example below. The accelerator keys are underlined and displayed to the left of the macro name.

with a screenshot of a minimalist popup menu: No window border, only icon and nickname.  How do I apply this style to my menu?  

Related to this:  The help file indicates you can make certain letters of the nicknames into Accelerator keys with the A button.  I don't see where the button is though.  

Windows 10, MEpro 6.0.2.1 

Here's a screenshot (which actually looks just like the one at the top of the help page).

3CJeuFR.jpg

EDIT:  Screenshot of desired style, from help file.

rWNS7VB.png

EDIT 2:  I found the button for assigning an accelerator key to a menu item.  See right edge of below screenshot.  Also in the screenshot is a submenu popping up from my Menu.  The submenu does have the desired minimalist style.  

kjK7Dmn.jpg

It looks like there is a difference between a Floating menu and a Popup menu.

When I click to choose the Menu Style for a popup menu I see:

Icons - Horizontal
Icons - Vertical
First Part of Macro
Nickname and Scope
Windows Default

When I click to choose the Menu Style for a floating menu I see:

Icons - Horizontal
Icons - Vertical
First Part of Macro
Nickname and Scope

It looks like the "Nickname and Scope" choice is only available for a Popup menu.

Edited by Samrae
Added information about Popup vs Floating Menus
  • Like 1

Thanks Samrae! 

I (erroneously) submitted this as a bug report just this morning and Kevin replied with the same information that you just provided.  I see now that, when you first create a macro there is a checkbox at the bottom for "Create as popup macro."  I think maybe my brain saw the "Menu" on the radio button (below img) and then stopped looking.  

Maybe a GUI like below would be better?

(Or there might be a good reason that it's not already like that... IDK)

BBwHtLz.png

Hmm...  I guess in my suggested GUI design I have the Popup Menu grouped with the other forms of macro activation...  While the Popup serves as an activation for other macros, it is unique to the list because it also, itself, needs an activation.  So it's not really part of the group....  Sortof.  

I guess maybe the floating menu also doesn't perfectly fit the group of activations.   It's more of an "object" than an "event."    I don't know.  :)