Macro Express Forums

R-click on minimize button activation...

Getting on to another topic here, so I started a new thread.  

When using R-Mouse Click on Minimize button as a trigger, do you guys experience that the default context menu (that normally appears when r-clicking anywhere on the top window bar) is still shown, or does it not popup when MEp is monitoring the minimize button?    
Referring to this: https://imgur.com/Ejp4dmO

I have a simple test macro that has a popup "Hello World" box.   And I also have the macro that we were talking about here 

Each have the same trigger (the r--click thing).  For each, the minimize button r-click is the only trigger.  

But they behave differently:  The "Hello World" one does not show the default  context menu popup, but the more complex macro does.  

Having the default context menu hidden makes the most sense to me.  

All of the dozen or so examples I tested displayed the Hello message. But behaviour varied widely. Some displayed only the Hello. Most briefly displayed both but the default quickly disappeared. One (Quicken) immediately displayed the default, but about 5 seconds later the Hello appeared too.

In all cases both closed as soon as OK in the TBD Hello was clicked.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Did some more experimenting...  Not looking at the the "Hello World" message, but rather whether or not this context menu (https://imgur.com/Ejp4dmO) pops up before the macro runs.  I think the determining factor is whether a webpage is launched.  

I also tried setting variables, adding logic statements, and launching programs.  None of those cause the context menu to show.  

<VARIABLE SET STRING Option="\x05" Destination="%sWindowTitle%"/>
<IF VARIABLE Variable="%sWindowTitle%" Condition="\x06" Value="TED" IgnoreCase="FALSE"/>
<WEB SITE URL="https://pgmacros.invisionzone.com" Wait="FALSE" Default_Browser="TRUE" NoEmbeddedVars="FALSE" _IGNORE="0x000C"/>
<END IF/>
<IF VARIABLE Variable="%sWindowTitle%" Condition="\x07" Value="TED" IgnoreCase="FALSE"/>
<ACTIVATE OR LAUNCH Title="Word" Exact_Match="FALSE" Wildcards="FALSE" Path="WINWORD.EXE" Mode="\x00" Default_Path="TRUE" Wait="1" Wait_For_Program="12"/>
<END IF/>

Running this macro, if I right-click the minimize button of TED N Pad, the context menu appears (and the forum opens), but if it's another app's menu button, the there's no context menu.  

EDIT:  I see that it's not apparent in the above pasted code, but the macro is 

If window title contains "TED" then launch pgmacros.com
If window title does NOT contain "TED", then launch Word.