Macro Express Forums

I rarely write macros so am always inexperienced. Today I cured a bizarre problem where I had entered <control>c in "Text Type" assuming that it would save selected text to the Windows clipboard. Instead, in one program it selected its edit mode and deleted the selected string. I tried it in another program where it added a space. I then changed the text in "Text type" to  <control down>c<control up> and after that it did what I wanted. It may be useful not to bother with "<control>c" - I don't know why it does not do what is expected.

1 hour ago, jsampsonyyyyy said:

<control down>c<control up>

I have had enough weird troubles with "<control>character", and with "<alt>character", that for years now I haven't even bothered with trying them.  I ALWAYS use the separate <down> and <up> sequences, and they always work.  And yet other people insist the simpler sequence works fine for them.  Go figure. 

And yet other people insist the simpler sequence works fine for them.  Go figure. 

I am one of those other people!

The only times I have separated press down from press up is when I have developed in scripts that activate as soon as the keys are pressed, rather than as soon as the keys are pressed AND released.