Macro Express Forums

Copying bookmarks from PC to iOS?

Before I tackle this myself I'm hoping maybe someone has already done some similar work and is happy to share?

In the absence of specific freeware, which I'm also seeking, I'd like a macro that would quickly copy a bookmark (or multiple bookmarks) to my iPhone and two iPads. Without having to connect each device to the PC. (I do have iTunes installed but hate using it.)

I have a Dropbox account so that possibly offers one starting point.

Ideally, with a web page selected in Firefox (or Waterfox mostly in my case) I'd like to be able to copy it automatically to the iOS Safari bookmarks.

I'm not familiar with the iOS side of things, but most PC based browsers let you export your bookmarks from within the bookmark manager.  I think they get exporter/saved as a standard HTML file, so maybe you could import that into Safari (?)

Thanks, yes, it is possible to export from Waterfox as an HTML. That's ALL bookmarks though, probably over a thousand here. (Time to prune!) I can then open it via Dropbox on the iPhone or iPad and then find and open the one I want (then re-save its bookmark). But that would be slower even than emailing myself the specific URL etc. So I'm still hoping for a neater solution, albeit not optimistically. Maybe the intuitive email route is the best I can do.

• 1 month later...