Macro Express Forums

Backspace command in .txt file

I'm trying to pull data from a .txt file into Meditech.  It works up to a point.  At points in the .txt file I need it to "backspace" which in meditech is the F10 key.  How can I build an F10 command into the txt file?  Below is an example:

pt room<ENTER>
<ENTER>
<ENTER>
<F10>
<ENTER>
pt confidential flag<ENTER>
<ENTER>
<F10>
<ENTER>
<F10>
1<ENTER>

I don't understand your question and I don't have time ATM but you might want to consider using Text File Process or ASCII File process commands. Moving around in a text file creates problems and it's usually better to get them into variables to manipulate. 

See the screen image below.  The yellow arrow points to how you can do an F10 key within the Text Type command, and sure enough, it inserts <F10> like you did through the text file.  The explicit command is how I have always done it.  It's interesting that you can do it through file input as well. 

zzzzz.jpg

The reason I need(ed) it to be inserted via the .txt file is based on hardcoded programming of meditech.  If I had to send each variable followed by F10 from the script it would be a LONG script.  I need to enter pt room, enter, row, enter, column, enter, length, enter and then begin again with another row as show in screenshot.  But i can input all of that in the .txt file in one column, when i send %T[1]% it all flows in!

image.png.12300b3c07e6190dad626dcbfbace87a.png